i wonder why one should not prefer Nikon over Canon !!

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nafees A Bazmi
Regular MemberPosts: 133Gear list
Like?
Re: Not so sure about the colors. . .
In reply to Glen Barrington, Nov 18, 2012

Glen Barrington wrote:

To me, it seems that the 'specialness' of colors is trotted out all the time for every brand of camera. I've been involved with a variety of cameras and virtually every brand has a cadre of users who claim that THEIR brand of camera has unique and special color capabilities that no other camera can match. I recall that Olympus has had this said about it, as well as Fuji and Canon for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Nikon users who voice similar opinions on Nikon color.

The truth is, it's a reasonably correct statement. Each brand does seem to bring a unique interpretation of color to the table. But I can't help but wonder if the 'color' argument is just shorthand for, "it's what I'm used to working with". After all, none of us seem too shy to change the color characteristics of a photo when it seems appropriate!

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

color tones do matter as they were in film brands.. fuji, konica, kodac and so on....

but now in this digital age, cant this be reduces by the use of photoshop, lightroom and many other post processes?

-- hide signature --

nBazmi

Nafees A Bazmi's gear list:Nafees A Bazmi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow