Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kevin Omura
Senior MemberPosts: 1,613Gear list
Like?
The advantages of the FZ200
Nov 18, 2012

Yesterday our Vet had an open house, I popped by on the way to work and brought along my FZ200. A person from the Canadian Peregrine Foundation was there with a falcon! The FZ and it's fast f2.8 lens was just the ticket though lighting was difficult inside.

But several features on top of the fast lens that came in very handy, I could turn off the AF assist lamp, silence the AF confirmation beep and shutter allowing me to get good pix without startling the bird. The FZ once silenced is pretty quiet, on par or better than my Leica M's and no contest vs my DSLR's which on the first clunk or rat-a-tat of the Motor Drive would have probably ended my chances of getting pix as it would have spooked the bird.

As always these are full frame with a slight tweek in Photoshop, printed the top photo 15.5 x 22 on our Epson at work and the quality was amazing.

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +46 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow