the 18-55 at focale lenth 23 COMPARED to X100 at FL 23 ; ISO 3200!

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
mpilon
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Re: the 18-55 at focale lenth 23 COMPARED to X100 at FL 23 ; ISO 3200!
In reply to jamescp, Nov 18, 2012

jamescp wrote:

framus wrote:

straylightrun wrote:

Can you please post a sample of both of them at f/2?

Here's a comparison that can be conducted as a thought experiment:

Both at f/2.8, IOS turned on with the zoom, shutter speed for both at 1/15 sec, hand held.

Hands down, zoom wins!

From an absolutist perspective it is likely (not certain) that the prime will have some discernible (when PixelPeeped) advantages to the zoom. The tests that are starting to show up on the web indicate that the zoom is very good. With regards to flexibility, minimized kit, slow shutter speeds with IOS, it seems like the zoom has a lot going for it.

-Framus

I completely agree Framus.

James.

Hi Framus and James,

I agree also with Framus and I add that even for PixelPeeped : at 5.6 the Zoom X-E1 combo is better than the X100 with prime ! This is at iso 3200 AND at iso 200. See the Ducati brakes and frame and every thing on the pictures (my Gallery). This is a big Wow for the combo!

I will compare at 2.8 , on tripod to help the x100.... The combo may beat the x100.... I will see.

Marc

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/ma_muse

mpilon's gear list:mpilon's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow