7D vs 5DMarkII? Locked

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Nafees A Bazmi
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Re: 7D vs 5DMarkII?
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, Nov 18, 2012

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

This is the single most asked question in the history of the Canon forums (or very close at least). There have been books written on the subject, do a search and you'll spend the next year reading about it.

I've used both quite a bit, but I mostly use the 7D. For me the 5Dmk2 is just too slow for taking pictures of my 4 year old running around like a maniac. I always say "I photograph kids...so I shoot sports mostly". The 5Dmk2 has better image quality, no question, but you'd better pixel peep or print big to really see it. The 5Dmk2 has an advantage in wide angle and thin depth of field photography, but I have not seen a problem with my f1.4 shots having too much depth of field, just me.

If you can afford it, the 5Dmk3 is the clear winner, performance like the 7D with image quality like the 5Dmk2, but it's a pretty big bump up in price.

It's a tough choice, the 7D has a great feature set, the 5Dmk2 has a larger sensor and that "I only shoot FULL FRAME" mystique about it. (still don't get it, the MF guys should laugh about it) Both are great cameras and I've seen fantastic images coming off of both of them. It's a tough choice, worse now due to the prices being so reasonable.

If u r not after FF........ then the 7D is the winner here huh?

-- hide signature --

nBazmi

Nafees A Bazmi's gear list:Nafees A Bazmi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow