Time Lapse and panoramas with the PL5

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,918Gear list
Like?
Re: Time Lapse and panoramas with the PL5
In reply to qksmith, Nov 18, 2012

qksmith wrote:

Anyone got recommendation on systems for time lapse on the PL5 and samples from the inbuilt pano function?

You can do time lase quite easily with all the Olympus mft cameras : they have an antishock option that will allow you to use the cheaper remote release and lock it on the continuous drive and be done.

However, time lase photography are very demanding on the shutter and if you makes many of them would ruin it after a while. I won't shoot time lapse videos with a new camera. I have dedicated my E-P1 to that : it has almost no resell value now, since it is slow and  lacks the plug for the E-VF, while having a bad LCD Compared to the newer E-P3, E-Pl5 etc. also be prepared to the fact that it will eat batteries and thosee batteries aren't cheap. So really, I won't use the new E-Pl5 for that, really. Shutter counts are limited on a camera. For one minute of video, you can need up to 1000 shots, so you are bound to reach the shutter life limits sooner than you think. Pro cameras ar able to reach something like 300'000 releases, but consumer cameras like the MFT cameras much less.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow