Rx100 LCD Hood

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Questions thread
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 15,124Gear list
Like?
Re: Rx100 LCD Hood
In reply to vj531, Nov 18, 2012

There IS provision in the Menu for setting the camera LCD to "Sunny Weather" which is supposed to increase brightness considerably (well it does do that as I know..) and you are then supposed to be able to SEE the LCD better in such brighter conditions. Frankly I find that I just don't like viewing that way but it's worth a try...

Otherwise I know of nothing specific for the camera...there ARE already well-established items like the Hoodman viewer..or even the Delkin which were popular a few years ago..similar sizes to suit the RX100..might just be worth trying. I used a Delkin on an older Fuji (F31 era) ..they flip up/down on a kind of hinge arrangement..certainly may well be some sort of answer , albeit adding just a bit of depth to the camera (it sticks onto the LCD edges a bit like the GGS type Protectors stick on...)

A Delkin on Amazon UK...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delkin-Shade-Universal-DU3-0M-BLK/dp/B000HB2TJ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353245647&sr=1-1

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow