Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hans von der Crone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Is this a good fullframe setup?
Nov 18, 2012

Selling my Canon 7D+L lenses because I want to go fullframe, mainly because I shoot a lot indoors or kids, and then ISO tends to go higher more than you'd expect because fast shutter speeds are often required.

I was looking into the D600 and the Canon 6D, but I've also noticed that price for the D800 is pretty decent right now and not that much different than the D600 (about 300 euro right now). So I was thinking about this setup:

Nikon D800 body
Nikon 24-120mm VR II ED AF-S f 4

This would cost me about € 3.200, which is just the amount of money I would be getting from my Canon 7D+17-55/F2.8+70-200/F2.8. I know I will lose the F2.8 but since the Nikon is much better for higher ISOz, I wonder if I would notice this. I definitely do not *need* the 70-200 reach, so won't be missing that much.

What do you think? Should I go for this setup? Or is the 600D good enough? Or would you advice to go with a F2.8 anyway (which puts a 800D out of reach).

Hans von der Crone's gear list:Hans von der Crone's gear list
RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a6000 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow