Started Nov 18, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Plakanina
Contributing MemberPosts: 721Gear list
Like?
X100 users. Focus confirmation
Nov 18, 2012

I have a focus issue qusestion. Using OVF with the focus window centered, green confirmation and locked focus I have one to many out of focus shots. Example ; I was photographing an event, three people head and shoulders filling most of the frame. Locked focus (green confirmation) on LEFT person and reframed. ALL were out of focus but, ready for this, some distant sea grass was in focus on the top RIGHT of the frame. Yes it was set to the center frame and green conformation was lighted.

I even switched to using and holding down the focus lock button just in case my finger released pressure on  the shutter button yet still had some out of focus shots.

I have been over and over the manual and have set the focus for the center and even added the adjusted focus frame option which I assume is for parallax maybe.

So how is your autofocus, are you having issues like this ? Is this considered normal?

I really like the camera and it seems well suited for who's who events but the out of focus shots.....oh dear.

Plakanina's gear list:Plakanina's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
ANSWER:
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow