5D3 on Treasure Island at Sunset C&C Welcome

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
sacentre
Senior MemberPosts: 1,179
Like?
Re: 5D3 on Treasure Island at Sunset C&C Welcome
In reply to Dale Garman, Nov 18, 2012

Just butting in here. I absolutely agree, Dale. When I took this shot at Lake Tekapo in NZ, I said to my wife no-one will believe I haven't overdone the saturation slider but this is pretty much just as it was. I just re-checked the original RAW file. All I did  apart from cropping was some sharpening and very little else.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/sacentre/Photography/New%20Zealand/IMG_0140.jpg

Trevor

Dale Garman wrote:

To Prime Shooter:

"Nice but seriously go easy on the saturation slider. Especially the shots 3+4 with the orangey clouds, it looks cartoonish. The shots would have a much greater professional appeal without the garish colours"

I wasn't there so can't say what the colors really were, but I do notice you are from the Scottland. If you don't live in the West of US, these colors seem unreal. I live next door in Arizona, and travel extensively in Europe and you don't see sunsets in Europe like here. The colors are often really that deep, and outrageous. Our skies in the west are unbelievable some times, but that doesn't necessarily make them cartoonish.

If you have never been to the Western United States come vist and bring lots of memory cards!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow