Anyone found a tablet that can review AVCHD video smoothly? (other than IPads)

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Questions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 890Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone found a tablet that can review AVCHD video smoothly? (other than IPads)
In reply to kelstertx, Nov 18, 2012

kelstertx wrote:

Well, that's actually one of the things I'm running into with my current tablet. I had a brief foray with a Toshiba with a full sized SD slot, and it was great for getting things on and off easily. Being a videographer that shoots to SD cards in my professional life, I tend to have a lot of them laying around. The newer Acer only has micro SD, so I'm having to carry a USB card reader around to feed it content, and that feels kinda clunky in comparison. I'm just thinking that my next one will have all my must-haves -- gorilla glass, a full sized SD slot, good/great battery life, ability to play my A57 videos smoothly for better review sessions.

I think until I find that perfect tablet (and can afford it), I will just carry my HDMI cable for the camera and use a nearby TV. HDMI is becoming more and more ubiquitous, and I actually had that option on the last trip that resulted in me starting this thread, but didn't have my cable with me. Now I will change its permanent address to my camera bag and won't be caught off guard again.

Hi kelstertx,

I understand your point, but to be honest full sized SD card slot is very rare and I would not expect it to feature in anything smaller than a full sized laptop.

Instead of looking for something like that I would suggest you investigate an Eye-Fi SD card for your A57.  This will give you the option to transfer files between your tablet and camera wirelessly and possibly stream them.  May be that can be something to look into?

rio

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow