I was yelled at for not using "L" glass.

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
salamander1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,007
Like?
what sets you apart from the crowd?
In reply to nullvector, Nov 18, 2012

nullvector wrote:

So I'm at this car show this weekend with my Canon 7D, and 17-55 2.8 IS....and while innocently taking pictures of some cars, I hear some buffoon yell really loud "GET A BETTER LENS!".

I turn around to see what the commotion was, and here is this guy, looking right at me, with some sort of obvious and unexplained disdain for my equipment. It appears that he is holding a 5D of some variant, and a 24-70L.

I calmly said, "well, this lens is about a thousand bucks, so it can't be all that bad". I think he had clearly mistaken my lens for an 18-55, or something like that, and all he managed to stammer out was....."WELL ITS NOT AN L LENS".

All I could really do was say "it doesnt really matter", and walk off.

Anyone else had someone do this or something similar? My wife was dumbfounded by the rudeness of this individual, and I was just shocked at how uninformed this guy was.

Just thought it would be good to vent here, and see if anyone has any stories that are equally as outrageous.

an "L" lens will set you apart from the crowd. it's your cover letterto the world. a cover letter to every unknown canonite lurkingĀ  in the shadows. what a ragingĀ  bitch this guy must have been, though... lol! hahaha! you gotta laugh at this and not feel offended. it's hilarious.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow