So what is worse on the 5dm3 compared to the 5dm2

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
bronxbombers4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,658
Like?
Lack of Custom VF screens, that is about it
In reply to Bryan Cady, Nov 18, 2012

The video is not worse, it's not as much better as hoped, but at least it gets rid of moire and aliasing for the most part, although it stills seems shy of 1920x1080 and they don't seem to get as much DR out of it as you'd think they could and you need to install ML firmware, third party, to give it some good functionality (but 5D2 was no better in that regard). But the video is definitely better not worse.

The only thing worse is the price and that you can't you alternate view finder screens and the stock one makes from 3' to ifinity appear in focus even at like 300mm f1.0 hah.

I guess the DR is a TRACE worse at ISO100-200, but the difference is so small I don't think anyone could ever notice and the less horizontal banding would make up for that anyway, it's basically the same there,

The color filter is a bit less pure so I guess under outdoor lighting there are a few more shades of color that it won't be able to tell apart that the 5D2 can.

But everything from AF, to fps, to trigger response, to UI, to build quality, etc. etc. is better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow