Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 17,603Gear list
Like?
Re: Time Lapse and panoramas with the PL5
In reply to qksmith, Nov 18, 2012

qksmith wrote:

does the pano mode do a good job?

I can't remember if I've ever used panorama mode on my E-PL1, but in any case it's all up to the receiving software to get the result. Plenty of options there besides Oly Viewer 2.

The first image of the panorama set freezes camera settings so all frames should be proper exposure, colour etc.

Most panoramas are fairly good whatever camera or software but close examination always finds some funnies at times where images join/overlap. The careful users employ Photoshop or any up-market edit program and take more care with the overlaps.

Often something like 25% overlap works a bit better (or at least gives more joining options) than the default roughly 10% shown in the helpful framing guides.

And of course having the camera in portrait mode for a horizontal panorama gives more pixels to play with top to bottom of the frame.

I haven't seen much need since getting the 9-18mm lens, and if I need something wider to see the whole scene I am more likely to take a video and pan slowly across what's interesting, then takes stills of bits of the scene.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow