Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aardvark7
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,110
Like?
New F60 flash issue
Nov 18, 2012

I've just returned from my first wedding with the A99 and F60 flash and have serious concerns.

After a short burst of bout half a dozen shots (just pressing the shutter and not high speed drive) of the groom and best man outside the registry office, in good light and just using fill, the flash stopped and indicated overheating!!!

I have no idea what the expectation would be, but this came as a shock to me.

I understand that it can be down to batteries, but I use Eneloops and have never had an issue before. The only time the F58s ever overheated was on a rather gloomy day and shooting large groups.

If someone can come up with a way of changing the settings or even removing the overheat protector I'd be grateful. I know there is a risk, but I heard similar reports when Nikon brought out their SB900 and all the experienced users were complaining about premature cut out compared to earlier models.

If I was to use this for a photocall then I'd never get more than a burst or two out of it and that is just not on.

-- hide signature --

2012 : My new year's resolution -
To be decided...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow