I did accomplish one thing on Saturday. (2 imgs)

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,834
Like?
I did accomplish one thing on Saturday. (2 imgs)
Nov 18, 2012

On Saturday November 17th 2012, my friend and I set out to discover where the Bighorn sheep go during mating season (rut) after they leave the location that is near (two miles) my home. We found the rut location which is about 60 miles from my home. The location, if anyone is interested, is near Green River, Utah just off state highway 6 (Interstate 70). Turn north on the eastern side of the Green River and travel about two or three miles. Look on your right along the rocks and cliffs. Here is a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Green+River,+UT&hl=en&sll=39.499761,-111.547028&sspn=3.984337,7.020264&oq=gree&hnear=Green+River,+Emery,+Utah&t=m&z=11

A not so great image (and a crop) taken with the K-5 + Sigma 50-500mm OS HSM at 500mm, f6.3, 1/320s, ISO1000, handheld. Note: We did spot a heard of about thirty BHS in another location but I didn't take any images of those.

Note: We also took note that there are a great number of hawks and eagles in and around the city of Green River.

Now that we know the location, we hope to go back and get some much better images using better gear.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow