Windows 8 sales 'well below' projections, report claims

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
dmartin92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,463Gear list
Like?
Re: I bought 2 laptops prematurely because I wanted windows 7.
In reply to Richard, Nov 18, 2012

Give it a couple years though, every laptop made will come with a touchscreen. PC monitors with touch will also be in abundance then, it will make sense at that point, but I think everyone will be chomping at the bit as new applications start making use of touchscreen.

I'd agree about the laptops with touch screens.

A friend at work was thinking about getting a netbook, instead of a tablet, and I talked him out of it. The great thing about tablets is that you can use them anywhere, without a mouse. On the living room couch, in bed, in a train.  With a netbook, in those places, where are you going to put the mouse ? But with a tablet, you don't need a mouse.

But the desktop, I don't see it working out there. Maybe temporarily there will be some upswing, but then it will stall, when people see, from practical usage, that it doesn't make sense.

dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow