X-E1: Viewfinder is horrible and kit zoom is heavy, but then ...

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Georgino
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1: Viewfinder is horrible and kit zoom is heavy, but then ...
In reply to mngsmt, Nov 18, 2012

mngsmt wrote:

Georgino wrote:

I use Nikon D4 and only pro glass. OVF would be great but I got used to EVF in no time and for manual focus it something you have to have! From D4 and any of my lenses this combo is like if I would hold cell phone - sooooooo light

Two hand operation? I would never hold any camera with one hand (not even point and shoot)

I am impressed with 18-55 kit lens - and I don't get impressed easily It would be mistake not to get the 18-55 for the money ($400). If you later decid to get it you will have to spend $700

I don't think anybody will sell this lens after they get it. It is soooo good. The best 18-55 I ever tried.

I would get the 18-55 and then pick up 35 1.4 and 14mm some day or 10-20

Uh oh, stop tempting me that way, i might just buy the zoom! But seriously, I'm glad i tried the camera in store, because i think i'll be happier with the fixed FL as i was looking for something light and straight forward and have never really enjoyed zoom lenses.

... and thank you for your point of view!!

Well you will not regret purchase of X-E1 with 35mm 1.4 . From what I seen it is excellent combo

This is fantastic toy for regular photography. However do not expect to do some sport or fast action with this camera. Focus is way to slow for that especially in lower light.

-- hide signature --
 Georgino's gear list:Georgino's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow