Pentax as a replacement for my Oly 4/3 gear - opinions?

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim in Hudson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,105Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax as a replacement for my Oly 4/3 gear - opinions?
In reply to BigBen08, Nov 18, 2012

BigBen08 wrote:

The major reason for buying my Olympus E-620, 12-60, and 50-200 was the small body and lens size, in addition to the excellent lens quality. I've enjoyed this system very much, but it's time to upgrade the body. Of course there is the E-5, but it's much larger than the E-620 and very expensive. So now it's time to explore other options.

I'm attracted to the K-5 II for its excellent IQ and features. And it's only a hair or two larger than my E-620 (a small size dslr is important to me). I'm thinking the DA* 16-50 f2.8 and DA* 50-135 f2.8 might make a great combo. Compared to my Oly lenses, I'd give up some reach. But the 50-135 is smaller and lighter than my Oly 50-200, which is a benefit.

I intend to use this Pentax system as a general walk-about, event photography, museums, parades, and cityscapes (at night).

I have no experience with Pentax. Has anyone moved from Olympus 4/3 to Pentax?

What have been your thoughts about getting an E-M5 body with lens adapter?

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K-30 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow