Say Goodbye Canon Rebel T4i/650D and Hello Canon EOS M with Lens Adapter

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,978Gear list
Like?
Canon EOS M with Lens Adapter & other lenses...
In reply to Midwest, Nov 18, 2012

Midwest wrote:

BigBen08 wrote:

To me, it seems that attaching a large lens to the EOS M negates the small body advantage. And doesn't handling and balance of this combo become awkward?

I don't know about the handling but I do get a kick out of the photos of these efficiently-sized cameras with humongous lenses hung onto them!

-- hide signature --

Do people really spend $700 on a camera so they can take a picture of a squirrel or a duck?

I just shelled out $5K (not so reluctantly either) for some L-lenses that I want to use on the EOS-M... but until they arrive ...hopefully next week... I've been playing with these two lenses on the camera.  Yes, they do look surreal but that touch screen (which allows you to slide the focusing reticule around on the screen with your thumb) is pretty good fun to play with and it actually works quite intuitively.

It's a fun camera to play with and it's hard to grasp that there is an APS-C sized sensor inside this little body.  Then again, Sony managed to cram a full-frame sensor in their new RX1.  I bought my EOS-M to use with a single specialized lens but now that I've played with it some more, I've decided to expand it to a couple more that generate specific effects or abilities.

Canon EOS-M with the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L USM II lens

Canon EOS-M with the Canon 50mm f1.2L USM lens

I sure like this camera so far.

Autofocus speed is less that you would received from a DSLR but it's also faster than many  compacts out there and it's far more accurate as well (compared to many compacts).

That slight lag in AF speed is easily made up for by the fact that you can use any lens you want with the camera.  Serious sports photographers are not likely to even consider this camera because they really need the speed to capture their shots.  For the rest of us, I think the appeal of this little thing on the end of a lens is interesting.   It's probably going to sell a whole lot of lenses for Canon.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow