Started Nov 17, 2012 | Questions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 4,191Gear list
Like?
Re: Starting Diploma of Photography and need advise on Canon Camera
In reply to Louicia, Nov 18, 2012

Louicia wrote:

Limburger wrote:

I would settle for a 60D or 7D on the Canon route. Accompanied by a 17-55 f2.8 (27-88mm eq.) or 15-85 (24-136mm eq.) f3.5-5.6 both with IS and USM fast focussing motor. A 5dmkIII is a bit overkill for starters, you might not even want to go full frame if your photography doesn't benefit from it. And yes I would spend the money on lenses (and one or two flashes) too.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Mike, what flashes would you get? I was looking at the 600EX RT Speedlite but not sure what else to get!

Thanks for your help!

I would take it easy and have a look at the 430EXII and 580EXII the 600 I don't know. Have a look at what you can do with a flash off shoe as well, going out buying the most expensive stuff doesn't by definition make the best pictures. And learn the kind of photography you want to shoot is more important than spending money. I have seen great pictures from a $300 dslr. Learn flash, exposure, composition and most of all learn your camera.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow