Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,043Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting to know the EOS-M 22mm lens
In reply to lionsy, Nov 18, 2012

lionsy wrote:

Elizabeth Street, Sydney, Saturday night

I like the 18-55mm kit lens, but I thought I'd give it a go using just the 22mm prime for a bit. The zoom lens I have found to be quite nice; the biggest difference with the 22mm being that it is significantly slower to focus. If you want a quick snap of a moving object, I think you'll be in trouble. But with a bit of imagination and a knowledge of photography, I think it represents a nice challenge to really test your skill.

I took the photo above, hand-held, and I think it came out quite nicely, but I'm more than happy to hear comments from you guys.

I think you Photoshopped that picture because:

* The buses are so slow on Saturday night that this must me a time-lapse exposure.

* There's no crazy speed addicts in the frame trying to attack you.

* Where's the drunk guy that lays under the tree every Saturday night?

That said, it's pretty.  I'd personally have liked to have caught more of the bus without the blur but then again, that might have been what you were looking for with effect.  The ground is sharp for handheld so it's certainly good enough for night shots.  Nice!

/Also owns an EOS-M.

/Also lives in Sydney.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow