550d, 600d, 650d or 60d ?

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Questions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 4,046Gear list
Like?
Re: 550d, 600d, 650d or 60d ?
In reply to technophile, Nov 18, 2012

technophile wrote:

Hi PandaIII. My first suggestion would be to actually handle all of the cameras you are considering. The image quality of all of these cameras is similar, so features and handling may be more important in the long run. As for some of your questions, the 60D only has one dial. Perhaps your friend meant there is a top LCD in addition to the rear display? Water sealing is a subject of some debate, as the 60D has some level of sealing and as you've figured out, this may be somewhat negated by a non-sealed lens. Digic 4 vs 5, hard to tell the difference in the real world. If it were up to me, I would go with the newer camera (650D) if the touchscreen appeals to you, or the 60D if it feels better in your hand and the nicer viewfinder, longer battery life, etc appeal to you. Hard to go wrong with either of these if you've ruled out the 7D. Good luck whatever you decide.

-- hide signature --

Ergonomics,batterylife and viewfinder are three things that make the 60D stand out from the others. If you can afford it go for the 60D. I am moving up to 60D from T1i, the 60D is pretty impressive.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow