CF cards Lexar vs. Sandisk

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Noogy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,453Gear list
Like?
Re: CF cards Lexar vs. Sandisk
In reply to Dale Garman, Nov 18, 2012

Dale Garman wrote:

Is there a reliability difference between these two CF card mfg. I'm looking at Amazon for SanDisk Extreme Pro UDMA7 vs. Lexar Professional UDMA 7. The Sandisk seems to be signficantly more expensive 16gb Sandisk costs as much as 32 gb Lexar 800x (rated slighly higher for trf speed). Normally that kind of difference tells me I'm missing something because there is rarely a free lunch.

Any feedback?

Thanks

Flash memory, also known as solid state memory, has reached a point of reliability that failures rates are down to very low levels that one may charge it to extreme bad luck   Lexar and Sandisk should perform just the same, assuming same specs.

If I were shooting my daughter's 18th birthday, of course I would feel better that I have a SanDisk in my camera.  And that is partly because of the great image recovery software it came bundled with the last time I bought a CF card.

-- hide signature --

JCC
"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow