Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Questions thread
Noogy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,473Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, Nov 18, 2012

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

You are a bit stuck then, I think. The 16-35 f2.8 is also intended for a 35mm format camera rather than APS-C. Yes it'll work, but it's intended as a wide angle fast zoom for the 35mm format and isn't the best option on APS-C. If you are desperate for weather sealing (some L lenses are, some are not) then you are going to compromise and buy a lens intended for a 35mm format. In that case I would probably suggest the 24-105 as it's quite versatile and has IS, or the Tamron which you already like.

+1 on the 24-105mm f/4L despite being intended for full-frame cameras.  It's my most used lens.  That it is not "wide enough" compels me to use my foot to zoom out, assuming I have the space.  I personally do not like the way the Tamron handles the colors on my 7D, at least with the Tamron lens I used in the past (the blue is a bit lavenderish).

-- hide signature --

JCC
"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow