Spring Travel 2013

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
LPLIV
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: Spring Travel 2013
In reply to LPLIV, Nov 18, 2012

Kent:

Thanks for the cool response, I appreciate it... First Off.... Great shots of S. Lake Tahoe, I love the area but don't get up there much any more... The rock formations and lake looks like it is near hwy 88 close to Kirkwood ski area although much of the Tahoe area looks like this..

Secondly... I can relate to the age thing (61) and slowing down.. I took a friend with me on a scouting hike for a tour at Saddlebag Lakes area at the eastern end of Tioga. There is a trail called the 10 lakes trail that is a 5 mile hike, 2.5 up and 2.5 back.. The elevation starts at 10k+ and peaks at just a little under 11.5.. The climb up was torture for me as I was really out of shape... the walk down was painful because of arthritic knees... No whinning but a hike well worth the pain... I chalked it up to a lesson learned and was glad it was a friend not a customer that I was taking with me. The lakes are all small glacier or stream fed lakes and after about a 50 yard climb we would stop for breath breaks thru the whole climb. You can see a couple of pics on my web site at www.laviephotographic.com the site is pretty amateurish but it was free and easy to put together... I have ignored it for a while and need update it.. I have a copy of Adobe's web building program Dreamweaver and after I learn it will be designing a new one when I get the time.

I am definitely interested in the places you like to hike in the Tahoe area so please feel free to suggest any and or all of your favorite haunts... How was Lee Vining, I have driven thru there multiple times but not stopped for an overnight visit. It appeared to be convenient to Bodie, Yosemite and mono lake.. Is there more close by to shoot?

Thanks again

Phil

LPLIV's gear list:LPLIV's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow