PDAF issue on D800E

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
S1m0n
Regular MemberPosts: 194
Like?
Re: PDAF issue on D800E
In reply to Gosman, Nov 17, 2012

Gosman wrote:

I was hoping Nikon would send out a notice admitting the failure and giving us some hope of a fix. Looks like this isn't going to happen before this Christmas season.
--
Gosman

Hi Gosman

Fortunately due to forums like DPreview a wide range of users can voice their problems they have found with a product. More consumers get to know of common issues

In my case, the first camera was suffering from the LHS AF issue. This was tested thoroughly by me and another friend of mine. We also checked my D700 and their canon 5D. The latter two were both fine. We have all since been made aware Nikon has a fix for the LHS AF issue, when originally Nikon was saying there was no problem.

I have worked in the repair business for many years, under no circumstances the customer is told of a technical issue with a product. If the product is returned for an in warranty repair for any reason an update may also be done to fix known issues that have not been seen by the customer but known by the manufacturing company. Only in extreme circumstances a product will be a recalled, exploding battery for example. If you as a consumer can prove a product was faulty from new, even if older than one month, you can get a replacement or refund using your legal consumer rights.

Best regards

Simon

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow