NEX-6 photoshoot w/ Zeiss 24/1.8, SEL 50/1.8 and 16-50 kit lens (pics)

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,594Gear list
Like?
NEX-6 photoshoot w/ Zeiss 24/1.8, SEL 50/1.8 and 16-50 kit lens (pics)
Nov 17, 2012

Just came back from a shoot this morning using my NEX-6. It was a bright sunny day. Shot RAW,  Aperture Priority Mode and auto focus. Very ecstatic about the results I am getting from my lenses. In some occasions I used my Switronix torch LED. This is really a temporary solution until I get the F43AM I have ordered. Most of the time I just used natural lighting.

I have a lot of confidence in my NEX system that I hardly see the need to do photoshoots with my Canon DSLR system anymore. The only advantage of the DSLR is I have faster lenses and the full-frame 5DMKII which enables me to blur the background more than the NEX.

One slight problem, when I hit the playback button the first image always pops instead of the last image I shot. It must have been my setting and will look into it.

Here are some images from the shoot, as always I welcome all comments.

http://www.pbase.com/jmb_56/sabrina_nex-6

Zeiss 24/1.8

kit lens

SEL 50/1.8

Zeiss

Zeiss

50/1.8

kit lens

Zeiss

50/1.8

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow