Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CLCLondon
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Falling in love with photography again...and the Xpro 1
Nov 17, 2012

So, I gave up photography a few years ago, sold my D3, 1DMK2, 24-70's and 70-200's of both makes and I thought I had washed my hands of photography for good.

I kept my D300 just in case of........ something but it's only had 2300 clicks since the day I bought it (actual release day in UK).

I don't even know why I gave up, more than likely it was boredom, mentally I was stuck in a rut.

That was until a few weeks ago when I had to work in Hong Kong for a week.

After dinner, my colleague and I decided to take a stroll in MK, he was a keen photographer but mostly he was a gear head. We walked into a well known camera shop in that area, he wanted to buy D600 and was talking to the sales guy.

I was just casually browsing, thinking how much lens prices have increased over the last few years when......BAM! I saw the Xpro 1.

Something happened that night, I didn't buy the camera there and then but I felt as though a switch went back on, the only way I can describe it is if it was my brain is constantly looking for shot opportunities again.

Anyway, I got back to London, started doing lots of research into the Xpro 1 and other systems, I knew I wanted to start photography all over again.

I nailed it down to two contenders, the OMD-E5 or the Xpro 1. It was a close decision, I lurked in these forums for a good week or two and probably read every thread in both forums. In the end, I went for the Xpro 1 simply because it felt so much more organic to me.

So, yesterday, I dropped £1700 in Jessops (boy have they improved their customer services of what!!) and walked out with a Xpro 1 and the XF 18mm f2.0.

Today, I was meant to be out in London testing it but Amazon let me down again when my 64GB SD card failed to show. Ho Hum!

I'm looking forward to using the Xpro 1 in the next few weeks, will be adding the XF 35mm f1.4 soon (freebie from Fuji UK). Also looking to experiment on the MF side with maybe some Zeiss or Voightlanders 50mm's.

Really glad and happy to be back into photography again.

Canon EOS-1D Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow