6 months ago
I've had my NX200 for about 1 year. During that year I put my Nikon D300 mostly into "retirement" mode as I learned a new way to indulge my hobby. This past weekend I took the Nikon out of mothballs and shot a fairly large event with it. This long day of shooting got me thinking about things I'd like to see in an NX type camera. I realize that these are pipe dreams, some completely impractical, but in the spirit of stimulating conversation, I offer my thoughts.
1. Automatic bracketed sequences with a 1 or 2 second delay before shooting begins. This would allow me to shoot HDR on a tripod without worrying about camera movement or a cable release. The D300 does this via the intervalometer and it is a nice feature.
2. Some sort of mechanical iris that closes automatically when the lens is removed from the camera. This is to prevent dust intrusion.
3. Some sort of mechanical attachment over the viewing screen to allow placement of a focusing hood without tying up the tripod socket.
4. The ability to remove the battery or memory card without removing the camera from the tripod.
5. I'd really love a 30 or so megapixel full frame sensor and I'd be willing to pay for the lenses to go with it. (Note to Samsung: if this is actually in the works, don't bring out some stripped down model and expect anybody to buy it. Make it worthwhile by putting professional quality finishes on the camera, and providing professional level features.)
6. If you are going to give me HD video capability, give me the mechanical plugs to get some use out of it. The NX200 audio sucks and the camera chases focus. I'd like to be able to plug in a mike and use headphones as a minimum.
7. Lenses: don't give me anything with less than a f/2.8 aperture. I'd love some big bright glass for this camera.
8. Let me sync my flash at higher speeds!
9. I'd like to have the ability to select a 14 bit depth (or greater) if I so desire.
10. Make any button on the camera that can be pressed by accident, more difficult to press by accident. I have quite a few videos that I never intended to shoot. Very frustrating.
That's about all I can think of, at the moment. Apologies if all of this has been covered before; I haven't been on the forum in quite some time (got tired of reading all the disagreeable flames from one or two members). I really like my NX200, it is a great travel camera (especially for an old guy,like me) and the image quality is outstanding. I believe improvements can be made and the way we suggest these improvements is through forums such as this.