ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
afors
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
D800 + Nikon 28-300 ED F3.5-5.6G corner of images darker
Nov 17, 2012

Hi there,

looking for advice from anyone with experience of this lens on a FX camera. I have just recently purchased a D800 with a 28-300mm ED F3.5-5.6G lens as well as another lens the 50mm F1.4.

On the images coming from the 28-300 zoom, I am finding that there are darker corners at the periphery of the images, which are unacceptable. The effect is worse at 28mm end, but still exists up to 150mm or so and seems to be unnoticeable by 300mm. Looks like the lens is struggling to cover the corners of the sensor frame? I can also see the effect in the viewfinder without taking an image.

This would appear to be a bad lens for the D800? I am not seeing this effect with the 50mm F1.4. Just surprised that no-one else is seeing this on other FX format cameras!

Anyone have any advice or recommendations or is there something obvious I'm missing. I have a feeling I may have to return this lens, but wanted to see if I was doing something wrong first.

Thanks

Alan

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow