ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alexovic
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
Which pictures are better?
Nov 17, 2012

Hello fellow Nexers!

I recently bought another NEX camera and wanted to compare the OOC jpg´s they produce, with their respective kit lens. One model is older and cheaper than the other. I like them both, and I haven't decided which one to keep yet, but one must go. This test is not scientific and dose not compare these two cameras in identical conditions. But the results are quite consistent IMO.

I tried to keep all settings the same on both cameras and shot in P, AWB, Auto ISO, AF-S center, auto DRO, Multi Metering, Standard creative style, fine jpg. I let the camera meter and set A, S & ISO automatically. In some shots I set the ISO to 800 respective 1600 for noise comparison. One comparison is with the flash bouncing of the ceiling.

My conclusions: one produces darker images, likes to bump ISO higher, applies stronger noise reduction, produces smaller jpg files.

Such an assessment is subjective, but which pictures do you like more (without looking at the exif)?

Pic. 1 All auto in P

Pic. 2 All auto in P

Pic. 3 ISO 800

Pic. 4 ISO 800

Pic. 5 ISO 1600

Pic. 6 ISO 1600

Pic. 7 Flash bounce

Pic. 8 Flash bounce

-- hide signature --
 alexovic's gear list:alexovic's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow