Started Nov 17, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leif Goodwin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,386Gear list
Like?
Need to reinstall Windows on Vista PC
Nov 17, 2012

I bought a SSD today, and intended to install my OS and software on it, but I cannot find the Windows Vista installation disks. I have the licence key on the side of the PC, a Compaq, which currently has Vista 32 bit on it. What are my options?

I have seen install disks on ebay, marked "For a Dell PC". Is this the full OS, and it will work with my licence key, or is the Dell one such that it only works with Dell licence keys, or Dell hardware? I tried a Windows XP restore DVD I had lying around from an old PC but that did not work, it threw an exception while booting.

I have seen install disks on ebay, marked as "Academic only". Is this basically the same install disks as the normal, but supplied with an academic licence, in which case it'll work with my licence?

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow