First outing with the E-M5: I love this camera!

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Deutsch
Forum ProPosts: 10,043Gear list
Like?
First outing with the E-M5: I love this camera!
Nov 17, 2012

I traded in my Panasonic GX-1 on an E-M5, keeping the 14-42x that was part of the GX1 kit.  I actually had an E-PL5 for a few days, and liked it quite a lot, but eventually decided that the extra $300 for the E-M5 was well worth it for the extra features (EVF, better LCD, 5-way IBIS) and better build--and the E-M5 isn't that much larger/heavier.  (If I need a really compact camera, I have the RX100.)

As is my habit, my first photo outing was to the St. Lawrence Market and the area around it in Toronto.  This is a tourist area, so there are lot of people taking pictures.  (It's also a good place to have lunch.)   The E-M5/14-42x made for a great combination, with better IQ than I got with the same lens on GX1.  I found the fold-out LCD very handy; most of my shooting was with this.  Focusing is very quick.  Here are a few samples, starting with the Flatiron Building, probably the most photographed building in Toronto.

Bob

Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow