Published on Digital SLR Photography magazine - including Sony photo...

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
José Ramos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,536
Like?
Published on Digital SLR Photography magazine - including Sony photo...
Nov 17, 2012

I've been published on Digital SLR Magazine (December issue), and this deserves a few words...
Always pursue your dreams...
I can still remember when I was a teenager and ventured into the rock'n'roll world. At that time, national bands w

And here they are, the images, the pieces of me melted onto sacred landscapes. Definitely a positive accomplishment, yet not for one moment received with any feelings of superiority, because I can still remember that yesterday I was tiny, oblivious of the fact that we are all gods, as long as we keep on pursuing our dreams...
The years passed by, and the addiction to photography has been growing ever since. Features, followers, exhibitions, sales, each of them always coming as a welcome surprise. In the last month, an invitation to be published on one of the magazines I used to worship and buy, Digital SLR Photography... 
Then one day I left music, and it was naturally replaced with photography, a whole new world for me. I can still remember, as if it happened yesterday, of the awe I felt when contemplating certain images. I can still remember going to the local magazine store on purpose, and looking at those expensive english magazines, filled with great photos, sucking up all of the information inside them. Those photographers were gods too, and I was nothing but a snapshooter, insecure, fed with the exact same desire to create and grow, yet distant from being able to create those images.
ere made of gods, unreachable musicians, worshiped by the young. Then I joined a band, and one day noticed that these gods were all simple people, struggling with the same problems of everybody else, facing the exact same insecurities, fed by the same profound desire to reach beyond the mundane.
On a side note... it looks like Sony and Pentax shots are also published... Who would say?!

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow