Why no large sensors?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
amdme127
Regular MemberPosts: 437Gear list
Like?
Re: 1.3 crop?
In reply to Halldor Eiriksson, Nov 17, 2012

Halldor Eiriksson wrote:

Another option could be a 1.3 crop sensor. That would probably surpass FF Bayer sensors. The 1.7 to 1.5 crop upgrade was successful for Sigma.

-- hide signature --

I would go for a 1.3 crop sensor in the 18-20 megapixel range (less densely packed than the current 1.5 sensor, due to older SA lenses I have).  I have mostly DG EX Lenses (they are a little older) that could handle a full frame, the only lenses I use regularly that isn't DG is my 18-250mm.  I really don't care about the speed of processing, as long as the buffer is big and could hold 15-20 raw images (that is my biggest hold out of the SD1/M, the buffer of 7 is fine for the dpm series through).

My computer I just rebuilt at the moment after 7 years with my previous desktop:

8 Core AMD processor (this thing flies)

32gb of 1866mhz ram with low/fast timings

240gb SSD (one of the fastest on the market in the 2.5in form factor)

7TB of hard drive space

AMD 7850/7870 (waiting for them to lower the price but plan to buy one to replace the 8600gt I have from the old build that I am still using)

2x 24in Dell Ultrasharp U2410

If the computer above can't process the raws at decent speeds, nothing could.  This desktop should last me another 7 years at least hopefully and minus the monitors I spent less than $1200 US to build it.

-- hide signature --

Matt
"Knowledge, absolutely sure of its infallibility is faith" -Yevgeny Zamyatin
http://ureye-studio.com

amdme127's gear list:amdme127's gear list
Sigma SD9 Sigma SD15 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 28mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow