Need help with Manual Lens

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
shanturoy
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Re: Need help with Manual Lens
In reply to flint-hill, Nov 17, 2012

flint-hill wrote:

As tri-x said, look through the lens wide open and see if it's fogged.

Put it on a dark surface and look down into it with a bright, narrow-beam flashlight. Is it fogged?

Shoot some scenes with the strongest light source at your back. Judging by shadows, the first image looks like the sun is not that far outside the frame. Shoot a scene where there's no doubt about flare conditions.

The ad copy represents the "lenses" as clear. So yeah, you have a case, I would say. Especially if they're not.

I checked the lense with a bright light on a dark surface, seems as if the last element (closest to the camera) is foggy from the inside. Also something I had noticed while taking pictures but failed to mention earlier, even though this is a wider lens, I have to use slower shutter speed to get the same amount of brightness at the same aperture as any other lens (24,28,50 mm) I tried. Also here is one I tried with light source behind me -

Though it was cloudy, it wasnt foggy

With the 24mm-

Well this seller seems nice enough to accept return, though I will have to pay for the shipping...20 Euro shipping is better than 150 Euro paperweight. Thanks everyone for your help

shanturoy's gear list:shanturoy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow