24-70 L vs 2 Primes

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
chumphries
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Re: Incorrect assumption
In reply to pcassel, Nov 17, 2012

pcassel wrote:

I think you are incorrect, and majorly, in your assumption that fewer lenses on a FF means less learning on your part. In fact, if photographic excellence is your goal as opposed to knowing how ot operate photographic equipment (technically only), then fewer lenses and a solid FF such as the 5D series makes much greater sense.

In fact, for learning, I'd recommend you get the FF, get any lens (I'd suggest the Sigma 50 mm 1.4) and use that learning as you go. Save the budget to be spent later as you see which way your photographic muse guides you. For example, you may grow fascinated by landscapes which would move you to a prime WA or a WA zoom or macro which may cause you to spend your budget on an MP-E and a 24ex. Perhaps you'll wish to move to action where the longer lenses such as the 300 would take your money.

Bluntly put, start snapping with a body you can grow with and a general purpose lens. Then see where your nose leads you.

-- hide signature --

-paul

Thanks. I'll put that into consideration. Makes good sense.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow