Will the Sony 35mm f/1.8 OSS E-mount Make The Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 Less Desired?

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,319Gear list
Like?
Re: NOT "less desirable", but it will affect How Much People are willing to pay for USED cz24
In reply to 007peter, Nov 17, 2012

People who understand focal length and what you can and cannot accomplish based on the focal length you're using will still have need for the 24 or the 35 specifically. But many folks who selected the Zeiss 24 just wanted something that could be used every day in lower light and with good quality. I suspect some folks will find the SEL35 desirable for good quality and lower light. I fully expected the Sigma 30/2.8 to replace my Zeiss 24 and bought the Sigma thinking I'd sell the Zeiss. The Sigma was sharp, but I didn't like the focal length and the bokeh compared to the Zeiss. There was more, but the Zeiss is a very good lens and worked well for me so much that I am strongly considering the RX1. The SEL35 is moving even more away from the ZA24, so they're quite different lenses. But I do think there is a population of users who just want something in the "normal" range who will settle or select the the SEL35. I don't think it will lower the price of the ZA24, though; Zeiss holds its value. But it's nice to have options.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow