Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 18,009Gear list
Like?
Wow!.....
In reply to daddyo, Nov 17, 2012

daddyo wrote:

Tedolph,

You are absolutely correct. The above image was actually shot through a chain link fence.

The Austin Zoo and Sanctuary is a fairly low budget operation as most zoos go, but they provide safe, clean habitats for rescued and physically impaired animals. They operate on admission fees and private donations -- so the enclosures lack some of the niceties of much larger zoos.

There are places in the tiger enclosures that are much more photo friendly, but you have to take what you can get.

The best place I have found for tiger shots is a private rescue preserve near Dallas, TX. Below is a shot I did of one of the tigers there -- very natural surroundings. I hope to make it back up there this coming Spring.

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

stunning!

Now that is a photo of a Tiger!

Did you take it with a $4000.00 dSLR and a giant white lens?

TEdolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow