FZ200 Does it have anybody thinking about going back to a fixed lens all in one camera?

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,559Gear list
Like?
RX100 as back up?
In reply to G1Shooter, Nov 17, 2012

G1Shooter wrote:

Given how highly rated (DPR) the new FZ200 is, is any one thinking about going back to an all in one camera? It's JPEG's weren't that highly rated but I shoot RAW anyway and would continue to do so if I did. And you wouldn't super fast primes available anymore or anything wider than 24 but I think I could live with a constant f2.8 25-600. What say you?

Try the comparison tool in this review and compare to ancient (E-PL1, G1) or latest (E-M5) mFT Cameras, and you can see even at base ISO, why I don't consider this an alternative.

However, if the Sony RX100 didn't have this flimsy pop up flash (see reviews on amazon.de), I would at least try one. But if you look at the comparison tool again: the RX100 seems to much less sharp than any other comparable camera, in spite of everyone praising it's IQ. Either the tool gives a wrong impression or people praise the cam they paid dearly, as is the case quite often.

Peter

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow