Dell U2711 still the best sub €1,000 monitor?

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PepsiCan
Contributing MemberPosts: 736Gear list
Like?
Dell U2711 still the best sub €1,000 monitor?
Nov 17, 2012

Hi

I'm going to build a new PC and move my photo collection from my TN screen equiped laptop (yes, it is a really bad screen) to this new PC. I want to get a new, proper monitor for my photo editing work. I shoot RAW and use Lightroom 3. I'll upgrade to Lightroom 4 on my new PC (I want the softproofing functionality).

The Dell Ultrasharp U2711 has recently fallen a lot in price (I can get it for €600.00). I haven't found anything close to that price that

- is wide gamut

- has an IPS panel

- has controls for gamma, temperature, brightness, contrast and the RGB channels

So, to me it seems that the Dell is pretty much the best deal in terms of picture quality and price. Is that correct, or did I miss a 27 inch monitor? I'd consider a 24 inch, but only if it is something special in terms of that it clearly offers a better picture that the Dell. The monitor will be calibrated with Dispcal GUI/Argyll CMS and a ColorMunki photo.

Thank you for your advice/help!

PepsiCan's gear list:PepsiCan's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow