Returning EPL5...and am sad about it

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
sderdiarian
Senior MemberPosts: 3,071Gear list
Like?
Re: DxOMark comparison of E-PL5, E-M5 and E-P3
In reply to Everdog, Nov 17, 2012

Everdog wrote:

I can see why it is a hard choice for some. The EM5 has the better IBIS, but the newer PL5 has many FW updates we EM5 owners were asking for. I was thinking of switch to the E-PL5 because of that, along with the smaller form factor.

Or wait a bit longer for the E-P5, likely coming in some form within 3-6 months.  And then there will be the E-M7; since Olympus doesn't categorize the E-M5 as a "pro" camera, it shouldn't be held hostage to 3-4 year long model change-overs, but instead hopefully on the same one year cycle as E-P's and E-PL's. It will be interesting to see what tweaks Olympus introduces.

The E-PM2/E-PL5 are both great as take-anywhere's with E-M5 IQ, but the 2.3" usable screen area in native format is a distraction when shooting (I've had an E-PM1 for a year). And while the VF-2 solves this, at $250 it defeats the purpose of an economy second body for me.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow