illy
Forum ProPosts: 12,160Gear list
Like?
Re: Um, Charles?
In reply to Great Bustard, Nov 17, 2012

Great Bustard wrote:

illy wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. I can post some photos from FF, if you like, but they won't do anything to "prove" the "superiority" of FF, but rather explain why I, personally, prefer FF for my photography. That said, I almost chucked it for an EM5 system recently, and, am actually still mulling that over.

which lenses would you go for? I saw some samples of the new 17mm/1.8 and wasn't overly impressed considering the asking price.

First of all, I'd get it with the 14-42 / 3.5-5.6 kit lens, since it only adds $50 to the price of the body. After that, I'm not sure. I shoot all primes on FF, so all primes on mFT would seem to be the natural choice:

7.5 / 3.5 FE

12 / 2

17 / 1.8

25 / 1.4

45 / 1.8

60 / 2.8 macro

75 / 1.8

However, I think I might want a UWA zoom, like the 7-14 / 4 or 9-18 / 4-5.6. Olympus should hook me up, so I could promote their system, don't you think?

Anyway, the thing is, Canon is releasing the 35 / 2 IS (17.5 / 1 mFT equivalent) which is just perfect for me. So, the question is to ditch my FF gear and go with the EM5 + above lenses, or get the 6D + 35 / 2 IS (since I already have all the other lenses I want, for the most part).

But I'm truly impressed by the EM5, and think Olympus would be foolish not to release an E7 and E700 based on the same sensor (or even next-gen sensor) that's in the EM5.

i'm keeping with Nikon because the micro stuff just doesn't cut the mustard at the long telephoto end where i shoot a lot, i have dumped my Tokina 12-24mm(which i loved) and replaced it with the Panny 14mm, 14mm is wide enough for me right now, and i threw in a 45mm/1.8 and i now have a pretty good small system. It is a difficult selling lenses you really do like

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow