Where do I go from here?

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,216Gear list
Like?
Re: Where do I go from here?
In reply to Tnisson, Nov 17, 2012

Welcome to the world of DSLR photography. I only started 12 months ago, so can understand how you feel. My first camera was a 600D/T3i also, & it's a really nice piece of kit to learn on. Obviously, read the makers manual, but there are loads of you-tube videos like Gordon Laings Cameralabs. Bookwise, Bryan Peterson has some good ones like "Understanding Exposure" which should help. There are many more, I bought a book that was specifically for the T3i/600D called "From Snapshots To Greatshots" by Jeff Revell. Once you have a basic idea of what the shutter speed, aperture & ISO are about, there is no substitute for simply using your camera & experimenting by trial & error. Try A/V, T/V & Manual modes & see for youself how altering the settings affect the outcome. If you mess up just delete & try again, it costs nothing. Good luck & above all, enjoy learning & have fun.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow