Price of a77 in Hong Kong

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
1DanC
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
Re: Price of a77 in Hong Kong
In reply to ozgoldman, Nov 17, 2012

ozgoldman wrote:

As PingMonster points out you can buy an A77 body within Australia from TopBuy for under $1000. Yes it's gray, but as the company is based in Aus and not Asia, you have a statutory warranty of at least 12 months on the product, and the video would be PAL in any case.

I would be very wary about buying from HK. Long way to go to get it fixed, and I don't think Sony Australia would honour a warranty issued there in any case. Worth at least phoning Sony in Aus to check.

-- hide signature --

ozgoldman

As long as you have the tourist warranty its not a problem. I have already started a discussion here in Australia over a minor issue.  I have their service people involved and the customer relations people involved and my camera body is HK bought and I have the tourist warranty.  Not a single issue with the warranty being honoured in Aus.

Dan C

1DanC's gear list:1DanC's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow