Fuji X10 New Sensor - another sunset

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
VaLeX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X10 New Sensor - another sunset
In reply to max metz, Nov 17, 2012

It's a very interesting point that you're making here, Max. I'm curious, though if there's some backup for such claims. If I understand you correctly, you claim that after starting delivering cameras with new sensors (somewhere in May, IIRC), Fuji continued to improve sensors, so that sensors produced in September (lets say) are better than those produced in June.

I'm asking you this because I'm in the situation of buying a new camera after my old & reliable LX3 broke. Fuji X10 would be my first choice, Lumix Lx7 the second. If you're right,  should I ask the seller when the camera was produced? Should I look for specific serial numbers?

I haven't followed the discussions on this forum for quite a while (from the times when white orbs were hot) and maybe the answers are already provided. In this case, I apologize!

max metz wrote:

Compared to many my sensor change was one of the latter ones, my understanding is that Fuji didn't just produce one new sensor for the x10, they kept trying to improve the technology and this resulted in a number of replacement sensors - each bettering the one before.

Thanks for looking.

-- hide signature --

Comments, criticism, suggestions: it goes without saying! http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/huzururmuz/

VaLeX's gear list:VaLeX's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow