I wonder why the DA 18-135 has so little credit at photozone

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andrew53
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Re: I wonder why the DA 18-135 has so little credit at photozone
In reply to dick eduard, Nov 17, 2012

I have lots of good expensive Canon and Leica lenses, but my favorite walkaround camera is the Pentax K-5 with the 18-135. Often technical reviews focus on what is technical and not what is useful.

A lens which is sharp enough, which is fast enough, which has a very useful focal length range and is small, light and weather resistant so it goes with me everywhere is not described in techical reviews. I have many more keepers from the 18-135 than any review would suggest. Frankly, if the deficienies of this lens are a topic of a photograph, then the photograph probably isn't worth looking at.

While not the best lens at anything it is good enough for almost everything it covers. That makes it one of my favorite lenses. This and the 31mm and I have 95% of my photography covered with 90% of the quality I like to have.

Andrew53's gear list:Andrew53's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 +65 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DickNew
EricNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow