Sean Reid

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,174Gear list
Like?
Re: Gary ...
In reply to bloomoose, Nov 17, 2012

bloomoose wrote:

... I absolutely second every bit you wrote in your article. The DP 2 M is the camera that made me lose interest in Bayer-sensor cameras. I was going to buy the NEX 6 when I read the luminous-landscape review on it and then went for the DP 2 M. It reminds me of Hasselblad medium format slides we had years ago concerning colors (the shadows look unsaturated grey instead of having that blueish tint) and resolution is almost out of this world. I sometimes wonder if reality really is that sharp (just kidding).

Now I need to decide what to do. I will have to make friends with Sigma´s RAW converter which is doable. In the future I will have to decide if buying yet another DSLR system would be worth.

The Sigma SD 1 M + Sigma 35 1.8, 50 1.4 and 85 1.4 would seem like a dream to me. But I use Nikon D800 FX and Sony A77, so it is hard to justify. It may be an option if Sigma´s next DSLR may have 20 Mpix. Then it would be a new era almost.

-- hide signature --

if I owned the Nikon D 800 I would probably pick up the Sigma 35mm 1.4 that's the new lens that Sigma is releasing in addition to the 85 mm F1 .4.  I'd probably pick up a Sigma SD1M too.  Why not?  Just pusolid games best glass on it?  Yes you too can own it all!!!   Lol.

Gary Mercer

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow