Buying a macro lens

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
2blueii New Member • Posts: 23
Buying a macro lens

I just bought a Canon Rebel T4i camera a couple of months ago.  I got the 18-135mm lens and the 70-300mm lens.  Now, I am wanting to purchase a macro lens.

Last week, I had posted a request asking for opinions on which macro lens would be a good one to get.  I got lots of feedback...from the Canon to a Tamron to a Sigma.  I appreciated all the comments.

I am not a professional photographer...just have a passion for taking pictures. Mostly, I love taking  photos of flowers, birds, bugs, and other nature shots.  I am a rookie to SLR, but I love my new "toy" and am learning a little bit as I go along.

After reading all the comments from last week's post, I believe I am going to purchase the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L macro IS USM macro lens. Since this will be the only macro lens I plan on buying (too old to go professional), I'm just wondering if anyone else has this lens...if so, do you love it... and do you think this would be a good addition to my lenses ?

Canon EOS Rebel T4i (EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow