Canon 5D Upgrade

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
yovwmon
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: Canon 5D Upgrade
In reply to bennito42, Nov 17, 2012

bennito42 wrote:

I have had my Canon 5D (1) for 5 years and am thinkiing of upgrading/changing camera bodies. I am interested in the comparative image quality between the 5D , 7D and the latest 6D. The 5D Mk111 is unfortunately out of my price range, but maybe i could stretch to the 5D Mark 11....Just don't know which way to go. Main interests are landscape, nature, and sports in that order. I currently own 17-40L, 24-105L and 70-300 USM Zoom lens.

Any suggestions / comments would be welcome

I can't speak to the 6D but I owned and used the 7D for several paid shoots and was rather upset with the vertical banding problem.  If you have not read about the vertical banding problem I strongly suggest you look into it.  Many blame the issue on poor exposure which can be the case at times, however I found it to be a huge issue when bring up shadow detail in post processing.  I now own the 5D II, there are things I miss from the 7D, the AF system, and ability to set auto ISO in manual mode top my list.  Overall the 5D II is a much better camera, there's something very magical about FF images, something the 1.6 crop just can't achieve.  I'd look into the 6D but you know the 5D II is a great camera if you want to make a quick move.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow